Monday 6 February 2012

Bring on the Elephants!!

Up & Att'em

We didn't have to drag anybody out of bed by their toes today!  Why!?  Because it's the day we've all been looking forward to since arriving in Thailand - We are going to go ride elephants!  YAY!!

Reading while we wait for the tuk-tuk (taxi) to come pick us up.
Erica is just a wee-bit nervous!!
OH BOY!  Here we go!!

Starting our climb....up...Up...UP!!!
Jungle Housing
The boys were right behind us on their elephant

Matt, Michael & David were getting a real-life up close and personal Animal Planet encounter riding behind us! Imagine plodding up a mountain on the back of an elephant!  Extraordinary!  However this is not what they found enthralling...OUR elephant had GAS!   Have you ever heard an elephant BREAK WIND!? Well, neither had we and the boys were in stitches.  With every foot step the boys were holding their breath - Not because of the smell - but because they were sitting in hopeful anticipation that the 'ole girl would let just ONE more fly....Sure enough....She was a gassy little lassie and gave them a rib tickling trip with lots of pachyderm pootering!! 

 Absolutely AMAZING sights!
Is it just me or does it look like we leaning slightly to the RIGHT!?  ACK!  Looks like we're gonna FALL OUT!!
 This was the highest point of our climb
 CHEESE!!!
Mommy gets to ride ON TOP of the elephant!
That was one of the craziest experiences of my life.  At first I was really nervous.  First of all, I have discussed my terrible balancing skills & I felt like I could teeter off the top at any moment!  By the end of the ride my thighs were begging for mercy as I had the clutch of death around that elephants poor head!  Once I got over my initial nervousness - IT WAS CRAZY-AMAZING-GOOD-FUN!  The skin felt so cool.  The hair so prickly.  The wrinkles so squishy. 

Easy there, Little Darlin' - Steady as She Goes!!!


When a 6 ton beast decides it's time to stop for a little "shnacky" you let her do as she pleases, am I right!?
 Clearly, I am over my initial jitters (yet still squeezing my thighs together for dear life!)

Not far behind - Here come the boys!
 What an adventure!
Daddy's turn to steer the elephant
Big Man Mikey had to climb down to "help" Daddy!
Davey-Doodle giving it a whirl
The Three Amigos
No Surprise that Rachel didn't hesitate AT ALL when it came time for her to give it a go.
Erica was still overall a bit cautious so she decided she'd rather NOT climb down onto the head of the elephant.
Large & In Charge!
Back at the platform
Thanks for the nice ride!
You My...My Brown-Eyed Girl!
Time to feed the elephants a snack!
Pretty Pachyderms!
Bananas for the elephants
Rachel offering assistance

WHOAAA!
Here's a short video of me feeding one of the elephants a pineapple!
The "rules" posted on the window of our taxi.
Wow!  So some of these images are confusing...I think they were telling me that I will be a VIP when I ride in this tuk-tuk!?  I mean we were definitely "Big Pimpin" in this shagadelic wagon.  Unfortunately, our ride back to the hotel wasn't long enough to fire up the DVD player or to showcase my karaoke "skeels".  And I would never even think about lighting up a butt, bringing along a hairy mutt dog or a dripping  ice cream cone but SERIOUSLY!  Did you really have to take us to the "Dark Side"!?!?!?  I mean, when you put an image like the last one on your car....I hate to tell ya' Dude....isn't that kinda like the cranky old man that puts the "Do Not Walk On The Grass" sign in his yard...what does that make everyone want to do....WALK ON THE GRASS!!  Yep.  Uh hem.  Nuff Said.
Ah.  Now THIS is what I'm talkin' about!
Meanwhile, back at the pool, roles have been reversed.  Matt is drifting around the pool using the children's floatation devices and Michael & David are getting cozy at the poolside bar!  WHAT'S GOING ON HERE PEOPLE!?!?!
Looks like Mikey's about ready to disrupt Matt's moment of serenity by doing a cannonball off the countertop!!!

 Beach Bound for the afternoon

Kata Noi Beach
Erica with a Beach Bum figurine at our ocean side lunch.
Lunch Time!

In the evening we went to a Thai restaurant & Michael kept wanting to sit my lap (very unusual behaviour).  I should have known he was SICK instead of thinking "Aw!  My 6 year old son sure does LUV his Momma!"  Despite him not feeling 100% Michael was DYING to stop at one of the roadside souvenir shops where he had seen a pirate necklace earlier in the day.  We spent some time browsing and picked up some little treasures to give to Claudius, Salome & Shashi & then sure enough with little to no warning....Michael tossed his cookies all over the sidewalk!!!  Ewww!  So he took over David's sleeping location in our room and we moved David in with the girls.  Much to my dismay - I woke up in the middle of the night to toss my cookies.  SHUCKS!  So NOT fun!  Hard to say if it was something we ate or what b/c Matt and the girls never got sick!?  Hmmmm....It still remains a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment