Thursday 17 May 2012

Wild Wadi - Here we CoooOMmmmmeeee!!

Arrived at Wild Wadi before the doors were even open!
We took the advice we had read on line about arriving early to Wild Wadi.  It's a popular place especially on Hot and Sunny days and as you can imagine, Dubai has a lot of those!  We only waited for a few minutes before the doors were open and we were free to GET SOAKED!
Let the Wild and Wet fun begin!
Yet AGAIN we bumped into our friends, the Uttings at Wild Wadi!  The kids, of course, LOVED running into their friends.  We had big plans to link up after lunch but Wild Wadi is a pretty big place and although we bumped into them in the morning - Our paths didn't cross again in the afternoon.

We started the morning off with a blast!  Without knowing it we went down the "scariest" ride in the whole park FIRST!  WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?!?!  Our group of six was too big to ride in one tube together so Rachel and Erica rode with a nice couple that were in line before us.  (By the end of the ride - I think Rachel and Erica were referring to them as "the nice people that saved our lives!") 

Matt, Michael, David and I rode together and I spend 50% of the ride headed BACKWARDS!  "STOP THE INSANITY!  I HAVE A HEART CONDITION!!"  (No, I don't, but do you think they'd take me seriously if I just yelled out, "Let me OFF!!!  I want my Moooommmmmyyyy!")  Shockingly, (wink-wink) nobody responded to my shrill health threats and the tube just kept spinning and twirling and sucking us down level after level of plunging watery fun!  I'm pretty sure the Uttings said they heard me screaming,  "Save me Sweet Jesus!" from across the waterpark!   ;0) 

I'm too old for this level of FUN in my life!  Hahaha!  Once we finished the ride and realized none of us ACTUALLY died....We were right back in line to do it again!  Funny how that works, isn't it!?
Time to Boogie board...Matt went first!
The sheer force of the water on this ride was INSANE!  Of course, Matt was all about it and got in line right away.  Can you guess which kids were willing to try it as well.....Yep!  You guessed it, Rachel & Michael! 
The kids and Matt actually made it look pretty easy.  I knew otherwise and didn't even TRY it! ;0)
Mikey's Turn
Michael is so light he just kept getting pushed back up to the starting point by the water.  Eventually, the lifeguard hopped onto the boogie board with Michael so that he could "ride" for a little longer and he did GREAT!  I actually stopped video taping b/c he wasn't wiping out and just kept riding and riding and riding and riding!!  (It was getting boring!  Heheh!)  The wipeouts are the exciting part. ;o)
WoooOOOoo-HooOOooOOO!!
 Go Mikey Go!!
Brief instructions on how to wake board on your knees...
and then he was doing it like a champ!!!

Our Little Surfer Girl Getting the 411 on how to do this!
Rachel has always had really good balance so she did GREAT!  However, she is at the age where she is much more
self-conscience and she was really embarrassed having all of those people in line "watching her."

Aw Shucks!  Is EVERYBODY watching this!?!?!
Creative architecture, huh?!
Our Little Peanut Having a BLAST!
Michael (and LOTS of other people) waiting for the big bucket of water to dump out on top of them!
YEP!  The Bucket got him good!!

Bathing Suit Burkas in a rainbow of colors! 
Which is your favorite?!

No need to fret about those extra 10lbs you've been trying to lose - This Puppy would so be my friend!  (That's it.  I'm wearing one at the beach this summer!)

Burj Al Arab

Thank You Wild-Wadi for a Wicked-Fun time!
What a crazy-fun day!  The kids (and the adults) give Wild-Wadi two thumbs WAY up!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment