Monday 27 August 2012

Junk Mail

You know, it's kinda funny there are a lot of things I would say that India could "improve upon" but one thing I have noticed that the Indians do quite well is what we would refer to as "junk mail."  What do we do when we get junk mail in the US?  Well, we pitch it, of course! (Or maybe throw it into a kindling pile for the wood burning stove!?)   In India, it seems I get invitations from all sorts of vendors on a weekly basis.  It could be fore anything from  jewelry to a beauty shops offering you to "For a limited time.  Avail rupees 100 discount!" (which is sadly all of about $2.00) or a newly opened food mart or maybe it's for a new international school in town.  And I'm telling you, every last piece seems to be of "wedding invitation" calibar.  Some of these invitations are so snazzy I actually find myself wondering if I should throw them away or not!?  Seems kind of sad to chuck something so lovely!? 

My favorite piece of "junk mail" to date was from a medical practice that opened and they were soliciting new patients.  The mail arrived in a triangular shaped box and inside was a scarlet scroll with gold embossed letters.  Silly me - I thought we were actually being invited to a maharajah's wedding or something!?   Hehe!  Nope.  Not quite that exciting.  Just everyday Indian junk mail!  I've got to say that athough we haven't checked out the new doctors office - We HAVEN'T thrown away the junk mail :0)


 I told you it was Fancy Shmancy!
"Rach!  Were you invited to a Royal Ball?!"
"Nope!  Just to get poked & prodded by a new doctor in town."  ;0)
FANTASTIC!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment