Saturday 4 August 2012

Sheer Bliss®

Had an absolutely heavenly...divine... & completely Blissful® experience recently when I was able to take a tour of the Bliss® Chocolate Factory here in Bangalore and of course every experience is better when you share it with friends!

As we entered the factory each one of us was handed a small white bundle and instructed to put it on our head.  Ooh!  A shower cap!  Chocolate showers for all!  (Surely, I've died and gone to Heaven...A CHOCOLATE shower!?)  Okay.  No.  Not really.  It was just your average run of the mill hairnet.  A very good idea whilst walking around edibles to cover thy head, I always say!  (Ew!  And let's not even think about what would happen if I found a HAIR in a piece of chocolate.  Tongue extended.  Dry heaving.  Oh, GAG!)
Are we lookin' Pa-ritty Snazzy or what?!  :0)
Chocolate Molds

Our guide told us all kinds of interesting things about the type of chocolate they use and the quality and honestly as I sit down to write about it....I can't remember any of the details. :0/   I think the smell of the chocolate affected the memory portion of my brain?!  I simply could not concentrate on what was being said.  I was eye to eye with rows and ROWS of chocolates.  FANCY chocolates!  And he told me I could eat as MANY as I wanted.  SHUT-UP!  You can't be serious?!  (He was!  BUT!  I did exercise restraint!)  

Ooh!  Actually!  You know what?!  I do remember ONE thing.  Okay.  So, you know when you eat a chocolate and afterwards you get that funny "film" feeling on the roof of your mouth?  You know, like there is a thick trail of sludge or something stuck up there?!  Uh huh?!  That's BAD chocolate.  Poor quality chocolate, to be exact!  It's true.  He said, it's the oil they have added to the chocolate.  Probably vegetable oil.  Ew!  That's nasty!  Of course, that doesn't happen with Bliss® chocolate b/c it's great quality and oh so yummy in my tummy!
In the packaging room with My Peeps & our tour guide
Praline Passion! 
My new favorite flavor!  WOWZAHZZZ!
OOH!  It's all coming back to me now (okay not all of it but bits and pieces!)  I remember something else he told us! You should not CHEW your chocolate.  Newp.  You put it in your mouth and let it melt!  According to him, a humans mouth is the perfect temperature for melting chocolate!  Who knew?!  Chocolate should also be eaten at room temperature to fully appreciate the magnitude of its flavor. 
Strawberry flavored chocolate!  My 2nd favorite! 
I guess I'm a "fruity chocolate" kinda gal!? 

Gold-Foil Wrapped Chocolates

HAND wrapped too!  (Wow!  That's a lot of work!)

Baileys Irish Cream! 
It's just as good as you'd imagine it would be!
Chili-Chocolate
This was definitely the most exotic flavor I tried.  I didn't LOVE it but I liked it and I was glad I tried this funky, slightly spicy candy concoction!

They also have an amazing bakery division of Bliss® chocolate that we were able to poke around in as well.  Wow!  Seriously!  These guys were making works of art.  Their hands worked with ease and I stood there in awe (had to shut my wide-gaping-mouth so I didn't drool into the cake batter!)
 Tools of the Trade

Cake Decorating 101

The final masterpiece
Chocolate Lattice to Decorate the Cakes

Getting ready to leave and fight off my chocolate coma!
I would also like to give props and thanks to my friend, Lisa, for contributing almost all of the amazing photos showcased in this blog! 

1 comment:

  1. Miss you lovely ladies! Looks like a fun blissful trip :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete