Friday 21 October 2011

Bangalore Ink

The kids have the next week and then some off of school for Diwali!  Since they will have a vacation day on Halloween the school had a special day for them today.  For 10 rupees they were allowed to dress up (the money collected goes towards helping the Indus Community School).  The Fab Four decided that they didn't want to wear their "actual" costumes to school today.  Michael imparticular was concerned b/c his "real"  Halloween costume is a jumpsuit style costume.  He came to me in hushed tones and said, "Mom.  What if I have to go pee at school?!"  I told him, "Well, there is Velcro on the back and you can take your costume off."  "Mom!  Everyone will see my underwear!"  "Yep, pretty much," I said.  He quickly decided wearing his "real" costume was probably not the best idea.  So, off to the mall I went to see what I could come up with.  I did find a small shop that carried miscellaneous (and extremely overpriced) costumes.  Actually, saying they had costumes is a stretch.  Mostly, it was costume accessories, no real costumes.  After waiting outside the shop door for 40 minutes (in the middle of the day), apparently the store employee decided to go to lunch!?  I had just decided I was giving her 10 more minutes when she showed up. 

Erica was so excited about my purchases that she immediately went to work picking out just the "right outfit."  Such the little budding Fashionista!!
You're one tough cookie, Erica (with great dimples!) 








Mikey was into it as well!  Checking himself out in the bathroom mirror and analyzing exactly how tough we was looking.  (His Daddy does the same thing every morning when he's getting ready for work!  Wink-Wink!)  I don't want to burst Michael's bubble or anything but I'm pretty sure he was "Born to be Mild!" ;0)






After much prodding, I convinced them it was time to take off their biker gear and get to bed.  I wonder as they dozed off to sleep if they had visions of Hot Rods dancing in their heads!?  It was no surprise that they woke up "Wound for Sound" and ready for their fun day at school.  I managed to snap a few pictures of them before they boarded the bus.

B-B-B-Bad to the Bone!

Amigos Cuatro - For Life, Man!


What chu Lookin' At?!  Yeah, dat's right, I'm part of the
 Pre-School Punk Posse! 
Wanna make sumpin of it?!

I think part of the reason the kids were embracing their biker attitude is because Daddy recently became the proud owner of a 1963 Royal Enfield.  He's going to have to go through the Indian system of getting a license (which should prove to be interesting) but we've been having a good time driving it around "The Hood" (neighborhood for you softies!)

It's a thug life, Baby but somebody has to do it!

While we were out riding we determined that this bad boy does about 0-60 in 2 minutes!  Zoo-ee-Mamma!  Hold onto your socks!  Actually, it really is a cool bike and the boys are loving it.  I'm not sure Erica has even got on it?!  She's afraid of all the pipes and "hot parts" and is convinced she's going to "melt her skin off!"  Rachel, per her usual, was all about the theatrics BUT she did get on & go for a ride!  Even though just moments prior she had launched into her dissertation and told Matt that under no circumstances, no way, no how would she EVER be riding on that LOUD, RIDICULOUS motorcycle.  She thought we should have gotten a little mo-ped.  Hahha! 


"Oh, please, Sweet Jesus, I think this is a very bad idea...
Please don't let me die!!!"

When out and about in Bangalore traffic we now enjoy looking for other Royal Enfield Bullets.  The most we've seen riding on one is FOUR, yes count 'em FOUR people, riding on a motorcycle.  Haven't managed to get a picture of that yet but I will!  I did snap this one just in time:

Look at that sweet baby slumped down between its mother and father...SLEEPING!  Some kids really can sleep anywhere!

The kids tattoo sleeves made me miss my friend, Heather, from home.  She'd be so proud we're "starting them young."  Hehehe!  Her husband, Tim, is a wicked good tattoo artist in Buzzards Bay, MA.  You can check him out on-line at http://www.diamondmindtattoo.blogspot.com/
And when you swing down to the Cape to get inked be sure you tell him Jenny from the B'Block sent ya! 
Peace out, My People! xo
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Their costumes turned out very well, way to go Jen! I am sure they were the coolest kids in school.

    Looks like Matt was enjoying the motorcycle as much as the kids. So has Erica gotten on it yet?

    ReplyDelete