Sunday 2 October 2011

Skyping On A Sunday Morning

I have been trying to be faithful and blog everyday but our Internet has been down for almost FOUR days!  Crazy! So, I hope nobody was too worried about us :0)  Everybody is doing great.  I plan to write more tomorrow but for now I feel like sharing my 'heart' a little bit.  We woke up this morning and we able to Skype with Matt's parents and then we got to see one of our families favorite faces.  One of kids babysitters, Katie.  Oh man!  How the kids have missed her.  Me too.  She has become like family to us.  She lives right next door to us and has been babysitting for us for several years.  Not as much as we would like in the last couple of years b/c she decided to go off to something they call 'college'!?  I can't imagine why she doesn't just want to stay home for the next several years so that whenever I need her she can just walk over!?  Hahah!  Anyhow.  We have been trying to link up with her on Skype ever since we got here and with the time differences and all we just haven't managed to be on-line at the same time.  Well, this morning while we were chatting with Jamma & Big Pop-Pop the little window popped onto the screen showing us that Katie was online.  The kids got so excited at the thought of her being there.  We clicked to connect to her and then sat here waiting and listening to the beep, beep, beep while Skype was attempting to reach her.  At first we heard her voice but we couldn't see her.  Instantly, the kids were all hooting and hollering, oohing and aahing, "KATTTTIIIIEEE!"  Then we waited a few more seconds and we actually got to see her pretty little face!  OH MY HEART IS FULL!  I literally almost cried.  We chatted about India and how she is doing in college.  Rachel even went and got all of her 'horse gear' to show Katie.  The boys showed her helicopters and boats that they have made.  Katie has been like a big sister to the girls.  They talk 'girl talk' and go shopping and out to eat together.  Rachel & Erica have always taken interest in Katie's love life.  (It's so funny!)  So today, Rachel says, "Katie are you still with Alex.  No wait...I mean, PJ?!"  At which point Erica and I whisper in her ear, "Joe."  (Rachel was naming off EX-boyfriends) Rachel says, "Oh, yay!  I mean, Joe.!"  Katie gets a big smile on her face, and says, "Yes, I'm still dating, Joe."  Then there is a few second pause as the screen is panned to JOE who is sitting there in her dorm room!  Hahahah!  Oh man.  I hope he knew about the "boys that came before him" before this morning's skype session!? 

So we wrapped up our session and I went upstairs and started to get ready for church.  I could feel my emotions starting to kick in.  The shear excitement of actually SEEING and TALKING to Katie when we didn't known if she'd be available to answer our call & then just having a moment of sadness as I thought about how special she is to our family and how much we have all grown to love her.  At this point, Erica walks in and I said, "Did you get to say good-bye to Katie?  How did that go?!"  "Fine" she said, "but you know how when we were waiting to talk to her and we all started screaming when we saw her?  I almost CRIED!"  All I could say so that I didn't turn into a blubbering blob was, "OH MAN!  ME TOO, ERICA!"  We love our Katie.  Erica also proceeded to share that she was so glad that she kept herself together b/c she would have been so embarrassed if Joe would have seen her crying. :0) 

Special, special people in our lives.  We are so blessed.  God is good & we know we will see you all again.  This is only a temporary adventure.  Hugs & Kisses to all & thank you Katie if you are reading this for bringing so much love and happiness into our family.  You are so special to us.  We love you!  xoxox

The rest of ya, If you really want to put me over the edge - Skype us too! :)  Can't even begin to tell you how great it is to see and talk to people from home!
Mattnjen2

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for phones, Facebook, IM, email, internet and skype! Jake has been in California all week but I still feel like I am at least connected to him. I am grateful for technology and how it helps us stay connected with family and friends even when there is many miles between us. Glad to hear you got to catch up with family and friends this week. Let us know when it is a good time to Skype! Did you get your phone working yet Jen?

    ReplyDelete