Tuesday 11 October 2011

Walkin' On Sunshine!

Man!  The weather here is simply unbelievable!!  The last few days after I put all the kids on the school bus I have been enjoying the morning sunshine and cooler temperatures and taking a walk/run.  I'm sooo not a runner so if you are envisioning me looking like one of the "cool people" with their ear phones plugged in, the form fitting tank top & the coordinating shorts - You've got it all wrong. 

In my MIND I am THIS girl!

Unfortunately, the reality of it all is that.....


 I am more a sad combination of a crazy Kramer-haired Momma who is donning her "Black Mamba" eye glasses (that's what Matt so sweetly has nicknamed my eye wear!  They are not THAT bad, I swear!  But he
HATES them!!  Hahaha!)


Buddy Holly rockin' the Black Mambas!!!

And well, let's face it, the attire is also severely lacking.  I mean, who am I kidding?!  I am no longer the bean pole of my youth - Four babies later -  We're not talking tighty tank tops - Too many rolls!  It's more about finding a nice hip-hop length baggin' saggin' t-shirt & some nice shin length FUBU basketball shorts!
Yay!  That's right.  I'm going gangsta all up in here!  In fact, I'm not sure it was completely coincidental that when I was about to cross the path of two oncoming "real runners" today that they politely crossed the road JUST before they got close enough to have to exchange morning pleasantries with me.  That didn't stop me!  I yelled out to them as they went whooshing by "YO!  Waz Up Bangalore Beauties!?" 

I can tell ya one thing!!!
These two would be diggin' my running street fashion & I think they'd be happy
 to join me on a morning stroll any 'ole time.  (I think it's the whole "Birds Of A Feather" thing.  They're feelin' me, yo!")


The point here being - CLEARLY, I am NOT worrying about what I look like on my morning jaunt - I'm just happy I'm out of bed movin' my butt along.  I am enjoying the morning air & the various types of "foreign" plants that I'm not used to seeing on a daily basis.  I give passers by the friendly, Tim the Toolman Taylor,  "Howdy Neighbor" wave and life is good.

So here's some real life footage from my walk this morning!  Enjoy and Word to yo Motha! ;0)


How cool is this?!  Looks like little red birds, right?!

Also love this purple and green Guy.  He's so fashion-forward! :)

I love these Girls too.  I think they have a Irishy-Good Luck feel to them!?

Gary!!  Get Out Da Way!! 
 (Spongebob reference for those of you that may be non-watchers)

This poor guy almost met his demise below my shoe sole!  Luckily, I spotted him in time & looped back to take a picture of him.  Check out the Snail Trail of SLIME he's leaving behind.  EWWWWWWW!!!
Can you imagine the CRUNCH he would have made!?!?!?  Again, EWWWWWW!!!  So glad he and my shoe didn't have a deadly meet 'n greet and he's alive to slime another day.

Lastly, my favorite plant has just started to bloom in my backyard & I snapped a picture of him before going back into the house.  (Yes, I'm sure this one is a "Him!" )  Some facebook friends have been telling me it's called anthurium?!   Regardless, he's a beauty & I simply call him the "I love India" plant! :)




3 comments:

  1. What beautiful things! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. How are the kids doing in school? I have been praying for you and thinking of you often.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jen! So glad to hear your out running and enjoying the area. Looks like you found some beautiful plants on your morning adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! I recognized right away your male plant in the backyard. The girls at work have a special name for that one (penis plant). I actually said it out loud when I say it, and Shelby, who is sitting to my right said "What"...we'll save the explanation for another day! Also loved the glasses - wear them with pride! I wish I were there - we could set a whole new trend!

    ReplyDelete