Tuesday 13 September 2011

I...can't....walk!!!

Holy Cow!! ( Hahah!  I just made a funny...I'm in India and I just said..."Holy Cow!"  Hahaha!  I know, sometimes I crack myself up.  I take after my Dad!)  Anyhooo!  As I was saying, "HOLY COW!!!"  I'm so sore!  Which of course is a good thing and means that my Zumba workout did what it was supposed to!  Unlike any Zumba class I've taken at home, the instructor ended the class with some pilates and yoga.  Hello!  Can you say, "Overachiever!!?"  I didn't want to offend her on the first day of class by leaving at the end of Zumba but in my heart of hearts I was DYING and did NOT want to stay a minute longer!  This is why 'group exercise' is what works for me.  I have no inner "dig deep" qualities - When the going gets tough...I bail!  :0)  When there is a room full of people I cannot be the only "wimp" that stops doing the exercise...I push through! 

Anhow, I thought I was going to die of a heart attack.  Looking back, I'm very glad I stayed for the duration as I found the yoga to be a great stretch; although, I don't think she thought I was stretching at all (I'm so unflexible!)  When told, "Touch Your Toes!"  I'm lucky to touch my knees and that's only b/c I have such long arms!  HAHAH!  I have also concluded that Pilates is a silent but deadly killer?!  Those of you that do it, I'm sure you get my drift.  You lay there on your little mat on your back pumping your extending arms up and down and to the casual passer by - You look like a lazy turd - Meanwhile if you are the on the mat - Your abs are on fire and you are contemplating killing your instructor in her sleep!!  (Okay.  Maybe I'm the only one that my thoughts turn to random acts of violence...I think this is why they tag the yoga onto the end of the class...."Everyone breath deep.....Do not come searching for my place of residence to do me bodily harm.....and exhale...LOVELY!!!")

More Zumba on Friday!  I felt like I needed to shed a few pounds before arriving in India but certainly rice and Naan with every meal is not going to help my "situation" - So this is a good thing if I can get back into my Zumba groove! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jen for staying! They say yoga is very beneficial for you. You'll be touching your toes without a problem in no time! The last time I did Pilates I was very sore (I agree it doesn't look like much but somehow they manage to target those sensitive muscles). Mmmm...love Naan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, yoga in India ~ jealous!

    ReplyDelete