Sunday 25 September 2011

John 3:16

We got to go to church today!  We attended http://bicfellowship.org/default.htm
It was great!  They spoke from John 3:16.  It's a well known verse for many but have you ever really stopped to think about the words and how it would affect your life if you chose to believe those words?!  If you are not familiar with John 3:16 it says, "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life."  Isn't that amazing?  All you have to do is BELIEVE!!!  I realized while I was attending college that I had been a religious person up to that point but that I had never actually accepted Christ into my life.  I am so thankful for the day that I put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ.  I now believe that He is the only way to get to Heaven.  I can't get there on my own.  Nothing I can say or do will ever change that I'm a rotten sinner that deserves nothing better than eternal life in Hell.  Thank you God for loving ME and for sending your one and only child to die for my sins so that I can have eternal life in Heaven someday.  It was really special to be here in a new country and be with people from all over the world that share a love for Jesus.  We all gathered today to worship our Saviour!  This is one of Matt and my favorite hymns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38EVco7eba0&feature=related    Such a beautiful song.  Thank you Jesus for paying the price for not just MY sins but for ALL our sins!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I will try to write more in the morning.  Super weekend but I'm spent.  Going to bed feeling very grateful for all God has given me.  More than likely, if you are reading this - You have some sort of interest in my children, my husband, or myself and chances are - YOU are part of the reason I feel so grateful.  At the top of my "Thankful List" is the amazing friends and family God has given me.  Love you all so very much.  Miss you all something terrible!  Thank you for your kind words and following my blog and sharing in this adventure with me.  SOOOOO MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL.  xoxoxoxo  Sending tunz of  love from the Bangalore Block ;0)  Night to all.   

2 comments:

  1. What a great reminder Jen of such a wonderful yet powerful verse. Brina was quoting this one last week.

    We love you guys and pray for your whole family. We are thankful for the internet so we can share in a small "piece" of the adventure with you. =) Have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... so much love, AND PRAYERS, right back at ya! XO

    ReplyDelete