Monday 26 September 2011

Shop til ya drop!

I spent the good majority of my morning shopping (a gene passed down from my Mother.  I LOVE to shop!)  We have a couple of "fun" things coming up.  On Saturday night we are going to a Charity Event & we're supposed to wear "Party Wear."  Thankfully, I brought along a little black dress in my suitcase that should fit the bill.  (Every girl otta have one!)  Gonna bling it up with some lia sophia jewelry of course BUT I am at a dilemma in the shoe department.  Currently, all I've with me is my aqua-soled Zumba sneakers (see my previous post on Zumba for the 411 on that!) and flip-flops in Skittles assortment of colors.  (I told you I like to shop!) 
I've got zebra print flip-flops http://www.amazon.com/Reef-Bonita-Womens-Thong/dp/B002P4PFRW
Teva Mush flip-flops  http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Womens-Mush-Flip-Flop/dp/B0017LTSN6,
Nike Celso flip-flops  http://www.nextag.com/nike-celso-flip-flops/compare-html
and my current go-to favorites: http://www.zappos.com/reef-stargazer-dark-grey  LOVE THEM!  (Thanks for the recommendation Jess C from the Norwell Block!) 

BUT!  I don't have any "party shoes" with me.  Hmmm.  This is definitely a dilemma.  Matt and I are also attending another charity event in a couple of weekends.  It's "India Night" at one of the local hotels.  I am soooo excited to dress in local Indian garb.  (I can't wait to see what Matt wears!?  He's talking about a turban & a lungi)
Hey!  Nice Lungi, Dude!!
 (Think this could be the next big thing at Duxbury Beach!?!?!)

A lot of the ladies will be wearing a traditional Saree.  May I just share with you the inner turmoil....stress...anxiety.... GAS I am experiencing at the thought of my saggy post-FOUR BABY-pregnancy belly....SERIOUSLY!  Nobody wants to be seeing that.  I have to figure out a way to hide the bulge or I am going to have to fore go the Saree altogether.  Can't have any of the charity goers losing their lunch when the see my WHITE sagging and bagging BELLY!  Not pretty.  Nope not ever.  So I am on a mission tomorrow for a tummy flattering Saree!?!  Highly doubt there is such a thing!  I am also prepared to shop high and low for partying - dance all night - comfy - sassy shoes.  I am meeting my friend, Joan, tomorrow at 9:30 to start our quest!

Yesterday, "church day" as the kids call it, was a great day.  After church, we went out to lunch at a place called "The Only Place."  As we drove up I was thinking to myself, "What an odd name for a restaurant."  What I later came to realize is that it was very appropriately named that b/c it is truly "The Only Place" in Bangalore to get an American hamburger (YES!  REAL BEEF!), french fries, chicken fingers....You name it - It's American and I about cried as I sunk my teeth into my 100% beef burger with cheddar cheese.  Not some funkadelic goatified cheese...no we're talking Wisconsin kinda good cheese.  God Bless America.  We produce some GOOD food!  Anyhow, the children thoroughly enjoyed their chicken fingers with genuine Heinz ketchup not some soupy, weird, red sauce - Oh man!  It was just delightful. 

Then we made a stop at one of the roadside garden centers.  Two to be exact.  At the first one our driver asked how much a palm tree was and they told him 75 rupees.  We stopped at the next one and Matt saw the very same palm tree and asked how much.  They told him 500 rupees!  (Hahah!  They saw us Westerners coming a mile away!)  We've since decided we will be making a list of the plants/trees etc we want in the yard but Cladius will be going to buy them!  We bought a lime tree last weekend!

The kids each picked out a zinnia



So many pretty colors and so many plants to pick from!

Matt's the gardener in our family.  I can't wait to see what he chooses and where he plants them!?  We ended our day with the kids biking and Matt and I walking to Baskin Robbins.  Mikey chose mint chocolate chip, David had alfonso mango & cream, Erica had chocolate chip, Rachel had papaya & pineapple, I had coconut chip (Cristina E. I thought of you the whole time!  AMAZING!)  Daddy had toffee crunch.  On our way back home....Guess who we saw!?!?!?  The Mosquito Man!  Ack!  I tried to get a picture of him but it didn't happen.  Hoping that you'll be able to see from the picture below the smog he leaves behind.  (I'm pretty sure he's probably killing people not just bugs!  HAHA!) 
Run for your life - It's the Mosquito Man!!!!

Because the kids rode their bikes - They beat us home by a mile.  When Matt and I came strolling down our rode - Rachel came to meet us.  She was all fired up and told us a BAT flew into her while she was on her bike!  She thought it was hysterical.  I thought it was revolting.  Hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have some great upcoming parties! =) I look forward to seeing your smashing pictures with your new outfits, Jen I am sure you'll look amazing in your new outfit (think of all that scooter exercise you've been getting). The picture of the kids with the flowers is priceless.

    Love the Mosquito Man picture, made me laugh! I can see why people want to be inside when he comes through the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete