Thursday 22 September 2011

Well, We're Movin' On Up!

Okay.  So I don't know if we've actually moved up or not but we're out of the hotel and in the house and I'm happy! :)  One of the things I enjoy the most is being able to open up the windows!!  The weather is absolutely amazing!  Today it is about 78 degrees and there is always a gorgeous breeze blowing.  Every morning I open up the windows and sing a happy song to the little birdies out my window (Walt Disney would be so proud!)  Actually, there is one bird imparticular lately that I am NOT a fan of (but he's an exception to the rule!)  I literally walked around the house one morning convinced that one of our overhead fans was squeaking!  Nope!  It's a bird that sounds like a squeaky wheel!  He better be careful though - I'm in with the neighborhood tomcats and there's a warrant for his arrest.  Dead or Alive!  I'm done with Mr. Morning Squawky Pants!

Speaking of birds outside my window - The other night I had a little critter that scared the bejusus outta me!  It wasn't a bird it was a frog!!!  Of course, after you open all of these windows, I have to go around and shut them.  WELL!  I was shutting the boys window (which is quite an ordeal) you have to pull off the magnetic screen so you can put your hand in between the screen and the window so you can manually close the window.  When I pulled the screen back and stuck my hand out the window what I thought was a LEAF in turn was a LEAPING FROG and when it LEPT in the window I about LEFT something in my PANTS!!!!  I don't think I'm much of a screamer but that sucker scared me half to death!  I called for Daddy to come save me and when he arrived he wasn't so sure about our little reptilian friend either....It wasn't like any froggy we'd seen before so he carefully got some toilet paper to pick it up with (not taking any chances on that bad boy being poisonous!) and he kindly threw him back OUT the window.  Needless to say, I am a lot more careful when I'm closing windows at night!

David appears to have survived his strangling yesterday with no post tramatic stress.  In his words, they were not fighting!  They were playing!  David was a "karachee" guy (karate) and the other boy was the "ninja"  hence where the scarf type item came into play and ended up around David's neck!  He came away with valuable new insight, "Stuff around your neck is not a good idea!"  NO KIDDING!!!!!  The stuff you just assume your kids know, aye!?  Wow!  So, although he survived the scarf strangler yesterday, I was called again today by his teacher b/c he puked!  JOY!  So, Cladius and I hopped into the car and jetted off to school to get him.  He hasn't had anymore episodes at home but he's been sleeping for a LONG TIME!  Pray it's nothing serious!

Oh Dear!  It's bus time...gotta go grab my Bubblicious and my scooter!  I'm outta here! :) xo

1 comment:

  1. The frog story made me laugh! I would have been cautious about touching it as well, you never know! Glad that David survived the strangling attempt and wasn't upset about it. Hope he gets to feeling better soon and no one else gets sick!

    ReplyDelete