Tuesday 27 September 2011

Sari Shopping


Yay!  I am the proud owner of a sari!!  I'm so excited!  I can't wait to show you when it is finished.

  This is the Mysore Sari shop in Bangalore - Where you can find fabrics and saris galore!!!  (Hehe!  I'm a poet and I didn't know it!)


There were literally thousands of fabrics to choose from.  Every person is given individual attention.  Joan and I probably had about 5 people whirling and swirling around us.  They brought out stacks and stacks and stacks of fabrics for us to look through.  After about 15 minutes we were casting things aside like old pros!  Once we chose our favorites, they started to drape them over us like a sari so we could get an idea of what the final product will look like.


 So many choices!!
Premiere Treatment, aye?

 
I like bright colors so thought I'd try this
hot little number.
Decided it was a little too "Kermit the Frog"
for me (Disclaimer - I do not have
a growth on my hip - It's just the
clothes I was wearing underneath
my sari!  Heehee!!
There I go with more rhyming! 
Someone stop me...
I mean it!  Anyone have a peanut?!)












Joan in a fine silk sari



 
Pictures do not do this justice.  It was LOADED with
sparkly diamonds and crystals! 
Ooh La La!
COME TO MOMMA!




Joan and I didn't buy anything this fancy
but we definitely went with
some BLING!
After all, this is not a sari for
everyday use - We are going to a
PAR-TAY!!!

I was so excited!  When I started looking through the pictures I had taken of our day I realized that the green fabric in the lower right hand corner...
IS MY FABRIC! 
YIPPEE!!
Wait until you see the final product!

The tailor measured me & will be hand delivering my sari on Sunday.  I hope I was clear enough to him to not make it too tight b/c unlike the US anything made with cotton does not have any Lycra mixed into it....We're talking NO STRETCH - Fittin' like a glove kinda blouse!  YIKES!  Makes me sweaty just thinking about it.

We finished up our day of shopping with a "cold coffee".  The concept of an iced coffee is quite foreign to them.  Especially since I did not want them to put ice in my coffee.  (Rookie mistake.  Ice.  It'll make you sick-sick-sick!!!)  SO!?  How do they make cold coffee then!?  Hello!  With ICE CREAM, of course!  (Diet, you say!?  Oh, QUIETTT!!!!)  It was to die for...Heavenly!

Sari shopping was completed with a stop for some sassy shoes and lots of bangles.  No sari should be without bangles.  It's like bread without butter. :)  Party pictures to follow in a couple of weeks!

Much love to all!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! All that gorgeous fabric...jealous!! Can't wait to see pics of the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post Jen, looks like you had a blast shopping for your new outfit! The fabric looks amazing I cannot wait to see the finished saree! It looks like you had A LOT of fabric choices.

    You're going to get use to the "Pretty Women" shopping attention you get in Bangalore (first with the fancy shoes now the saree shopping). All the rhyming made me laugh (the Princess Bride one is a favorite in our family too)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent site !! wonderful blog post.It is one of the most interest page in the net. I never expect that there are lots of contents that are useful to my assignment. Thank you so much guys Online Fabrics | Georgette Fabrics

    ReplyDelete