Thursday 15 September 2011

Outta Here!

I'm worried if I even dare utter the words out loud..."We're Outta Here!"  SUPPOSEDLY, our air shipment is being delivered to our house tomorrow!  What does this mean?  It means packing up our 23 bags that our currently staged in our hotel room and preparing for another adventure!!  Hopefully, we will be able to get on-line at the house but just in case we run into any road bumps - Thought I'd warn you all in case we disappear for a couple days!

Quick Kid Update:

Rachel is doing well at school.  Her teacher's names are Ms. Rachel (how cool is that!?) and Ms. Grace!  Really great people!  We love them already!  What Rachel likes most about her school day is horseback riding.  She gets to ride 3 times a week for 45 minutes per session.  She was so proud of her riding abilities and told me she already got moved up to the next level because she is "really good at trotting".  :0)  Those of you that know Rachel well know that horses are near and dear to her heart.  She may even be a kindred spirit to them?!  One of those horse whisperer types, you know?!

Erica has moved past "It was the worst day EVER!" to now claiming she has 3 BFF's (all of whom are Indian and I wouldn't begin to know how to spell their names!)  She enjoys taking swimming at school and she switched from a Western Dance elective to Indian Dance so that she can spend more time with her BFF's ;0) 

Michael is also making friends quickly.  His bestfriend is a boy from Finland named "R2"  Obviously, I have no idea how to spell that poor child's name either but that's how it's pronounced so I'm goin' with it!  :0)  R2 and Michael look like brothers!  Blonde haired, blue-eyed beauties! ;0)  They sit on the bus together everyday, are in the same class at school and they live just down the street from us.  Buddies from the beginning.  I'm already sad at the thought that R2 and his family are leaving in June.  They've been here for 3 years and their time is coming to an end.  They are heading back to Finland.  Would you believe when R2 moved here at age 3.5 he didn't know ANY English!  Amazing how kids adapt and learn, aye?!

Last but not least, my Davey-doodle.  My baby.  (Shoot.  I better be careful or I'll have another weapy Mommy Moment)  I'm so proud of him.  Leaving to catch the bus with the big kids at 7:15 and arriving back at home at 4:45 pm....He climbs up those big 'ole bus steps and doesn't skip a beat.  He looks back EVERYDAY to me as he's walking to the back of the bus and with his chubby little hand held in the air he makes the sign language sign "I LOVE YOU" and then he says, "Mom!  MOM!"  Until I acknowledge I am listening (which of course I am!  The day he stops doing it my heart will be heavy!) and then he says, "I wub you to pieces, Mom!"  Seriously!?  If that doesn't just make my heart grow a little bigger EVERY TIME he does it.   (SHOOT!  Here comes the tears and soooo much more embarrassing to be crying in the hotel lobby then when I'm in my room so I better wrap it up)  Such a sweetie, that boy!

Why am I in the lo by you ask - Well!  Getting a cell phone here is a sheer act of God.  You'd think I'm some sort of mobster with a criminal record that makes Whitey Bulger look like Santa Claus?!  I got a new cell phone LAST WEEK and have been waiting and waiting AND W A I T I N G to get them to connect me to a local provider.  Let's just say when I come home I might have learned the value of patience during my stint in India!!!

Love to you all.  No worries if I'm off line a couple of days....It's moving day.....Indian Style!!  Buckling my seat belt....It's bound to be a bumpy ride!  (It's all part of the adventure....It's all part of the adventure...It's all part of the adventure!)  If it gets really bad - I'm going to start clicking my Ruby Slippers together ;0)  xo  Jenny from the B'Block

2 comments:

  1. Love the updates on the family members. Sounds like the kiddos have really adapted to their new school! Praying for a smooth transition into your new home (including no internet hiccups) and that your cell phone gets connected soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, you crack me up!!!!! SO happy to hear everyone is doing so well!! Jackson misses Michael and sends him a big HELLO from Norwell!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete